Overview: The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management has been designed through a collaboration of NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is designed specifically for those with safety responsibilities in the process industry, such as chemical manufacturing and oil & gas.
The PSM course focuses on international standards and management systems, highlighting the importance of process safety management in the process industry.
The NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management is suitable for those who have the responsibility for ensuring safety as part of their day-to-day duties including:
• Managers, supervisors and employee representatives within the process industry
• Newly-appointed health and safety advisers
The new qualification has been designed to help prevent catastrophic accidents and near misses associated with the loss of containment of chemicals and hydrocarbons by training holders how to effectively manage process safety risks.
Topics include the establishment of process management systems, asset management and maintenance strategies, start-up and shutdown of process plants, and emergency planning.
- All participants will be required to carry out a 90-minute paper-based exam, consisting of 2 parts.
- Past A is based on a case study and is made up of 10 multiple choice questions.
- Part B is based on general Process Safety Management hazards and controls.
- There is no work based practical for the PSM Certificate course.
1. Establishment of process management systems
2. Asset management and maintenance strategies Start-up and shutdown of process plants
3. Performance standards for safety-critical systems and equipment
4. Hazards and controls for:
- – Chemical reactions
- – Bulk storage of dangerous substances
- – Fire and explosion
5. Purpose and features of emergency plans
1. People from all around the world who work in process industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, plastics, and pharmaceuticals.
2. Given the hazardous nature of these industries, this course has been designed to give specialist knowledge and understanding to managers, supervisors and safety professionals to allow them to fulfil their process safety responsibilities.
3. It is advised that students should already have an underpinning knowledge of health and safety issues, and many will have previously gained another NEBOSH qualification
Our events are well planned
This course Comprises four elements
- Process Safety Leadership
- Management of Process Risk
- Process Safety Hazard Control
- Fire Protection and Emergency Response
Process safety leadership
- Process safety Management meaning
- Process safety leadership
- Organizational learning
- Management of change
- Worker engagement
Management of process risk
- Establishing a process safety management system
- Risk management techniques used within the process industries
- Asset management and maintenance strategies
- Role and purpose and features of a permit-to-work system
- Safe shift handover
- Contractor management
Process safety hazard control
- Operating procedures
- Safe start-up and shut-down
- Safety-critical performance standards
- Electricity/static electricity
- Dangerous substances
- Reaction hazards
- Bulk storage operations
Fire & explosion protection
- Fire hazards
- Fire and explosion control
- Dust explosions
- Emergency preparedness
- Students are assessed by a 90 minute 40 question multiple choice examination. There is no practical element to this qualification.
- 10 questions based on a case study & 30 questions based on knowledge and understanding of PSM
- Resit will be scheduled after the training
- Pilot examinations will take place on the last day of training
He is BSc (Hons) Environmental Health at Coimbra Health School, MSc Sustainable Energy Systems at University of Aveiro, concluded his Doctoral Program in Climate Change and Sustainable Development Policies at Institute Superior Tecnico and currently developing his Ph.D. thesis of Environmental and Occupational Health at National Public Health School—New University of Lisbon.
From his curriculum consists, the role of HSE at the Motorway in Lisbon, the demolish and rebuild of glass furnace at Pilkington Glass in Liverpool, UK; as an HSE advisor in private company from Leiria and as a professor during six years at Coimbra Health School lecturing in the graduate on and Master.
Here, his big achievements were the proposed on of the new BSc in Health and Safety Engineer and the accredited on of the first-course provider from Portuguese-speaking countries in the world at NEBOSH IGC. He also worked as a consultant for the Portuguese European Technical Glossary for NEBOSH.
Recently founded and is CEO of the company iNLSSoluons, Lda where accredited IGC and ICC from NEBOSH, accredited Food Safety courses from CIEH and he is running accredited on of Environmental Management from IEMA.
GET A TRAINING YOU WANT FROM THE TRAINER YOU WANT
KPM Learning Solutions is an industry leading providers of high-quality Public Training Courses, Elearning & Customized InHouse Training programs
Designing, developing and delivering world-class business learning services like conferences and tailor-made academic learning programs across all industry sectors that are the main USP’s of KPM Learning Solutions
Get a customized training from world renowned training
Facilitating InHouse, Public & Online training
Check out the Venue Information